Quick and Easy Way to Convert from Japanese Yen to U.S. Dollars
If you’re from the U.S. and you’ve ever been to Japan, you’re probably familiar with needing to convert yen prices into dollars. I’ve got an easy method for converting yen to dollars that will work across a range of exchange rates, and I’m going to teach it to you today!
• What’s the Smart Play If You Borrowed $40,000 at 10% in Student Loans and Just Graduated College?
• Chat Threads — Student Loan Borrowers Taken for a Ride as Supreme Court Sides with Lenders
• U.S. Housing Price Predictions for 2023–2024
• Are Chinese People Smarter About Mortgages than Americans?
• The Social Contract Broke in the U.S. Years Later Than in Japan
• 2 Reasons Populations Are Collapsing in Developed Countries
• Life Expectancy vs. Healthcare Costs in the U.S., Japan, Germany, etc. — whatever you’re expecting, you’re going to be surprised.
• The Al Dente MacBook App and 16 Months of A-B Test Results — Does Al Dente Really Work? Here Are Some Real-World Results….
• Review of the M2 MacBook Air — Too Slow Or Plenty Fast?
Japan will re-open for tourism at some point. I suspect it will be sometime toward early fall of 2022, but we will see in the coming months.
When Japan does re-open and tourists start traveling visiting the country again, visitors are in for a treat if they’re coming from the U.S.
That’s because the exchange rate has moved strongly in favor of the U.S. over the last few months — the dollar is now worth over 17% more in Japanese yen in late June 2022 than it was only 4 months ago in early March 2022.
That is a big jump in exchange rates in a short period of time.
When converting prices, many people using a calculator or calculator app on their phone to convert prices because the yen prices get so large in terms of number of digits.
I’ve got a quick and easy approach for converting prices from yen to dollars that will work across a range of exchange rates. It will almost always get you to within 1 or 2% of the exact price…